Day 5 Evangelism and Prayer

Luke 24:47-48  Romans 9:3 Evangelism

Luke 24:47-48 (NKJV)
47.  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48.  And you are witnesses of these things

Romans 9:3 (NKJV)

For I could wish myself were accursed from Christ from my brethrenn, my countrymen according to the flesh.

a.  Do I have a burden for those who do not know or follow Jesus?

I do have a big burden but how do I approach them?  I am an introvert and am not comfortable about approaching people I do not know.  I am a better writer than speaker and want to find ways to reach people with my writing.

b.  Am I alert to opportunities to share with nonbelievers?

Opportunities are all around me, I just have to keep my eyes open.

A lot of time I am so self-centered that I do not notice what is going on around me.  Now that God has opened my eyes, I can see who may benefit with a renewed heart.  Places I can look include:

On the street
At work
At the library
At the supermarket
At the American Legion
In the newspaper
On television
At church

16.  1 Timothy 2:1  Prayer

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.

a.  Am I faithful in praying for the needs of others?

I don't prayer in the traditional sense where I have a printed list of prayers and reading them.  To me this is just a routine or ritual.  I talk to God.  Usually it is during my morning commute and I talk to God about my issues, my plans on my days off, expressing my thanks. Sometimes I don't talk but thrive in his presence.  However, it is always about me.  For example, if I have a financial burden, I will talk to God about it and ask him for advice.

I need to include others in my conversations with God.

b.  Do I pray for true revival in my life, my church, my nation and our world?

I actually have to get a list of prayers and include it in my daily routine.  Could the whole be revived?  I personally don't think so since during the end times many people will be deceived by the anti-christ.  But it will be excellent if many people return to Christian values before then.



Comments

Popular Posts