Week 2 Day 1 Faith Builder story

Question 1.  Have you ever known one who is truly humble?  How did humility evidence itself in his/her life?

The first thing is to understand what a humble person is.

A humble person is teachable.  He believes that he can always learn from education and experience of others.  He seeks continuing growth, is quick to read, invites feedback and asks good questions.  For me I  like learning new things.  However, I may not always ask questions or ask for feedback.

A humble person is at peace with himself and others.  A humble person is content with what he has and enjoys the simplicity of life.  While I am at peace with myself and content, there are days when I am stressed about things or want more with my life.

 A humble person thinks about others rather than himself.  While I try, I tend to be selfish at times.

A humble person enjoys balance and harmony.  I can be chaotic at times.

A humble person is grateful.  I am always grateful towards others.  However, I tend to forget about all that God has done for me.

A humble person is slow to offend and quick to forgive.  I am sometimes quick to offend and slow to forgive.

A humble person asks for help.  I sometimes think asking for help as a sign of weakness.

A humble person treats everybody with respect.  I need to remind myself that I am not better than anybody else.

A humble person is patient and does not get frustrated with the imperfection of others.  I need to be more tolerant of others.

A humble person recognizes their own limitations.  I sometimes think I can do it all.

A humble person celebrates the accomplishments of others.  I need to be more aware of new believers.

A humble person is open to deep relationships with God.  I need to have a deeper relationship.

With my answers above, I do not know any single person who is truly humble.  He may pass in one area and need improvement in another.  The only true humble person is Jesus Christ.

Question 2.  In the faith builder story for week 2, the husband had an issue with pride.  He had not been totally honest when he was a witness in a corporate trial.  God convicted him to be honest several years later.  However, with his pride, he tried to reason with God.  In the end, he did confess to the judge even though he risked going to jail for not telling the whole truth.

What evidence of pride do you see in this man's life?  What evidence of humility?

Pride

He felt he was just in God's eyes.
He was well-known in the community.
He did not tell the whole truth and did this for his own means.

Humility

He obeyed God.
He did the right thing even if there was a negative outcome.
People looked to him for leadership because of his honesty.

Question 3.

2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

List the four conditions God sets forth for His people in this scripture passage.

Being humble
Praying
Seeking God's face
Turning from wicked ways

Question 4.  What is the first of the four conditions.  Why do you think God put this one first?

Being humble.  I believe that you have to humble yourself first before being able to do the other three.

Comments

Popular Posts