Week 2 Day 2 God's View of Pride (Part 2)

Question 7.  How do you feel toward someone who exhibits pride in his or her life?

I have no reason to complain since it is easy to become filled with pride.  I have been prideful many times.  When I am not focusing on God and I come across a person who exhibits pride in his or her life, I will try to top that person.  For example, at work-I work in production-I always strive to do more than my fellow co-workers.  That type of pride may cause me to burnout.

Question 8.  What does it take to humble yourself to God?

While some people in society sees humility as a sign of weakness, I have to admit my weaknesses.  There may be a situation that brings humility in my life.  While it may be embarrassing, it helps bring me to a closer relationship with God and grow stronger in faith.

I humble myself in seeing how insignificant my life is and submitting to God each day.  For me to do this, I need a place of solitude that is free from distractions.  That means that I need less time away from my phone, computer and other distractions.  With some solitude, I can humble myself before God without any distractions.

Question 9.  What do you think it means to have a "contrite and lowly spirit"?

Isaiah 57:15 (NKJV)

"For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
'I dwell in the high and holy place,
and also with him who is of a
contrite and lowly spirit;
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
and to revive the heart of the contrite.'

A contrite spirit has been crushed by guilt.  Pride and self-sufficiency has been replaced by humility.

The lowly spirit is crippled and broken.

The person with the contrite spirit stops making excuses for his sins, confesses them to God and seeks His forgiveness, grace and salvation.

Question 10.  According to the above passage, how does God respond to those who are truly humble?

God dwells with the person who is contrite.  A contrite person is humbled by his own sins and failures, seeking after God.

Contrite people have a close relationship with God.

Revival is not a series of meetings with a traveling evangelist; it is God coming to a contrite heart.  It is God's life, God's Spirit poured into you, bringing you new life, peace, hope and joy.

Lord,
My heart has been full of pride.
Help me to become humble
so I will be exalted.




Comments

Popular Posts