Week 2 Introduction Humility

It has been a while since I have posted.

It is not because I have been slacking in my Seeking Him Bible Study.  I have this book on my Kindle.  At work, I do the daily Bible studies on my phone and have been making notes as I go along.  Then I write these notes out in my journal-yes I do like to do this.  There is so much involved with this Bible Study that by the time I get done, my journal will be almost filled.  Then I get them down on Blogger.  This is taking a while since I want to keep up with Women's Bible Cafe.

This week's lesson deals with Humility.  At first I had a hard time with this lesson because I always see humility as where a person embarrasses another.  I relate humility with bullying.

But in this case, humility is a way to get closer to God.  It shows how to be humble with God.

Here are some Bible verses to dwell on during this week.  They are all in the New King James Version.

Proverbs 11:12

He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor
But a man of understanding holds his peace.

Proverbs 16:18

Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before fall.

Proverbs 29:23

A man's pride will bring him low,
But the humble in spirit will retain honor.

Micah 6:6-8

6.  With what shall I come before the Lord,
And bow myself before the High God?
Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings,
With calves a year old?

7.  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
Ten thousands rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8.  He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?


Comments

Popular Posts