Day 5 Making it Personal

In this section, I need to look at my heart and see which characteristics of a proud heart I have.  I am listing them below.

I have a critical, fault-finding spirit.  I look at everyone else's faults with a microscope but mine own with a telescope.  To change this to a humble spirit, I must be compassionate.  I need to be able to forgive since I have been forgiven.

I have to prove that I am right.  To be humble,I must not be argumentative.

I desire to be serves.  To be humble, I have to be desired to serve others.

I have a drive to be recognized and appreciated.  As a humble person, I should have a sense of my own unworthiness.

I am hurt when others are recognized and I am overlooked.  As a humble person, I should be thrilled when others get recognized.

I feel confident in how much I know.  As a humble person, I should be striving to learn more.

I am self-conscious.  As a humble person, I should not be concerned with self at all.

I am quick to blame others.  As a humble person, I should accept responsibility.

I am very concerned with others think of me and work to protect my reputation.  As a humble person, I should not be concerned with what others think.

I find it difficult to share my spiritual needs with others.  As a humble person, I must be willing to be open and transparent with others.

I tend to deal with generalities when confessing sin.  As a humble person, I must be able to acknowledge sacrifices when confessing my sins.

I am concerned about the consequences of my sins. As a humble person, I must be repentant over my sin and forsake it.

I wait for others to come and ask for forgiveness.  As a humble person, I must be willing to forgive.

Comments

Popular Posts