Week Three Day Two Honest to God

Psalm 32:43-4

3.  For when I kept my silence my
bone wasted away through my groaning all day long.
4.  For day and night your hand
was heavy upon me.
My strength was dried up as by
the heat of summer.  Selah

In verses 3-4, David describes the torment he endured while living a lie before God ("When I kept silent...."  Complete these statements how David suffered because of his sin:

My bones-wasted away.
God's hand-spoke to David about his sin.
My strength-was dried up.  He felt like he could go no longer because of his sins.

This actually sounds a lot like me, even before realizing it.

There are times when I wake up and I am extremely motivated and get a lot accomplished throughout the day.  There are other times when I wake up and I have an extreme lack of motivation.  Just to do one thing takes an enormous effort.  During these days I only look forward to when I go to bed.  I have always attributed these days to depression.  What I feel now is that I have a secret sin hidden inside me, something that I have hidden from everyone except for God.  On these days, I need to ask God to reveal my heart to me so I can confess my sins and become Blameless like David.

Question 6.  In your own words, how would you describe the consequences David experienced- physically, emotionally and spiritually-as a result of his unwillingness to get honest with God?

He went through all three.  He lost that closeness that he had with God.  Until he acknowledged his sin and transgression, he could not have a revived heart.

As I mentioned on my off days, I have a general feeling of physically not feeling well.  However, I am emotionally and spiritually drained as well.

Question 7  Psalm 32:5

I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,"
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.  Selajh

What did David finally do to return to the Lord and be freed from the weight of his guilt?

He acknowledged his sins and confessed his transgressions to God.

As I started doing this Bible Study, I find myself opening up to God.  He is revealing more and more about myself.  While I don't likie it, I am blessed by it.  This is a major revelation of who I really am.  This has brought me closer to God.  I still have a long way to go.

8.  Question 8.  How did God respond when David was finally willing to "uncover" his sin?

David was delivered.

He was filled with joy and relief as God carried his sin away.

David let go of his pride and humbled himself and became honest with God.

"When God covers our sin, we are given deliverance.  When we cover sin through denial or excuse-making, God's hand is heavy upon us.  And God's heavy hand is a blessing!  It is a sign of his love that he does not leave us in deception."-Rosaria Butterfield.

Comments

Popular Posts