Week Three Day Five Making it Personal Honesty With Myself

James 1:22

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourself.

Are there truths in God's Word that I know in my head or that I "preach" to others but not practicing in my life?

I am sure there are. I know that the Bible is truth but once in a while I come across a verse that I find confusing and I try to interpret in my own way?

Do I ignore, resist, or deny the conviction of God's Spirit or His Word in relation to my sin?

Yes.  I do find myself making excuses and trying to justify my sins.  I must reminding myself of 1 John 1:8:

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is in us.

Do I think more highly of myself than what God knows me to be?  Do I have an inflated view of my gifts and my value to God and others.

As Galatians 6:3 states, "If anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself"  I have to remind myself "Who am I to judge?" when I judge others or look down my nose at them.  Usually I don't because I have a lower self-esteem.  This is due to the bullying that I went through when I was a teenager.  But other times I find myself making fun of those less fortunate.  I may not openly make fun of them, but do I offer a hand in friendship?  I need to be less selfish and more selfless.  Even though I might not be able to help out somebody financially, there may be other ways I can help.


Comments

Popular Posts