Week Three Day Five Making it Personal Honesty With Others

Ephesians 4:25

Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.

I have to look at the following questions and honestly answer them.

Do I sometimes seek to create a better impression of myself than is honestly true?

Do I often leave others with the impression that I am more spiritually mature and committed than is actually true?

Am I allowing my mate to believe that I am morally pure and faithful when that is untrue?

Am I covering up sins of my past rather than dealing with them Biblically?

Am I hiding specific sins from my mate, parent, teacher or an employer?

Am I guilty of speaking graciously to others while harboring hatred or bitterness in my heart toward him?

Do I put up walls to keep people from seeing the "real me"?  Am I willing to let others into my life-to be honest about my spiritual needs, to ask for prayer about those needs, and to be  accountable to others for areas where I need to grow and change?

I am guilty in all areas, more in some and less in others.  I need to refer to the questions often and make corrections as needed

Comments

Popular Posts