Week Four Day Five Making it Personal

The following are questions that I have to refer to from time to time, especially when I feel that my relationship with God is drifting apart:

1.  Have I ever experienced the repentance that characterizes true repentance?
2.  Does sin in my life bother me?
3.  Do I have an attitude that says,, "Lord, everything I know to be sin, and everything you show me in the future to be sin, I am willing to forsake?"
4.  Am I willing to call my wrong actions "sin" rather than viewing them as merely weaknesses, struggles, or personality traits?'
5.  Am I more concerned about grieving God than about the consequences of my sin?
6.  Am I willing to accept personal responsibility for my actions without pointing the finger of blame at anyone else?
7.  Am I willing to take whatever steps may be necessary to make restitution for my sin?
8.  When is the last time I can remember experiencing genuine repentance, resulting in a change of attitude and/or behavior?
9.  Has God convicted me of any specific sins that I have never truly repented of?  If so, am I willing to repent of those sins here and now?
10.  Am I willing to be accountable to another believer in those areas where I have experienced past failure and to get help in developing new patterns of victory?

"There must be a divorce between you and your sins.  Not a mere separation for a season, but a clear divorce."-C. H. Spurgeon

"True repentance is to cease from sin." St. Ambrose.

Comments

Popular Posts