Day 5 Making it Personal Genuine Salvation and God's Word

This is going to be long so I am going to break it down into several posts.

Psalm 139:23-24 (NKJV)

23.  Search me, O God,
       and know my heart.
       Try me and know my anxieties,
24.  And see if there is any wicked way in me,
       And lead me in the way everlasting.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Genuine Salvation

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new" (NKJV)

a.  Was thee a time in my life when I genuinely  repented of (was aware of and turned away from) my sin?

I honestly cannot answer that question.  I might believe that I have but only God knows my heart.  I am praying that this Bible Study opens my spiritual mine and allows me to see for myself.

b.  Was there a time in my life when I place all my trust in Jesus Christ alone to save me?

No.  I let myself get caught up in all the worries of the world.  Yes worry is a sin and I need to give all my worries to Christ.  When I worry about things, even things that appear too large for me to handle, I am showing God that I don't believe him.

c.  Was there ever a time when I completely surrendered to Jesus Christ as the Master and Lord of my life?

When I first became a Christian.  I actually need to do this every day.

Psalm 119:97 (NKJV) God's Word

Oh, how I love your law!
It is my meditation all the day.

a.  Do I have a desire to read and meditate on the Word of God?

I do have the desire now.  Even if it is writing in my journal for a short period of time.  That is why I like Bible Study books to go along with the Book.  As long as the studies do not go against what the Bible says.  I pray I can keep this up on a daily basis.

b.  In my personal devotional life consistent and personal?

In the past it has been sporadic.  Moving forward, hopefully every day.

c.  Do I seek to apply God's Word to my everyday life?

Moving forward yes.  I can try to have a random Bible verse and use that to apply towards my life.


Comments

Popular Posts