Week One Day 2 Breaking Ground

Question 6.  Read Hosea 10:12-13.

What was Hosea’s charge against the Israelites?

Spiritual and moral decline
Turned away from God and turned to idols
They took credit for all of God’s blessings
They stopped worshiping God
They sought earthly wealth rather than Godly treasures.

Question 7  What do you think it means to “break up fallow ground”?

Without God or when you distance yourself from him, your soul is barren.  In order to break up this barrenness, you have to return to God.  Find a time when you were close to him and discover the reasons why you turned your back on him.
Accept one again God’s mercy.  If people have hurt you, forgive them.
Allow God to plow up your barren soul.
Repent of your sins
Accept responsibility.


Question 8:  Has there ever  been a time in your Christian life when you walked more closely with God than you are walking right now?  If yes, what are some consequences you have experienced as a result of this loss of spiritual intimacy? 

A lot of times I feel that I am not satisfied with my walk with God and Christ.  This is me and not God because both God and Jesus are 100% satisfying.  I really should ask if they are satisfied with their relationship with me.  I do not give them enough time of my life.  I face too many distractions and am too busy with worldly activities that I am too tired to sit down and enjoy their peace.

While some distractions are necessary such as having a job and maintaining a household and helping out at the American Legion, there are others I should do without.  These include playing games on my phone, binge watching on Netflix and reading books.  These distractions are actually idols.

Comments

Popular Posts