Exchanging Strife and Anger with Peace and Self-Control

Put Off-Strife, Contention, Retaliation, Anger, Wrath, Easily Irritated, Hatred

Proverbs 13:10

By pride comes nothing but strife,
But with the well-advised is wisdom

Proverbs 24:29  "Do not say, 'I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.'"

Proverbs 29:22  
An angry man stirs up strife,
And a furious man abounds in transgression.

James 1:19-20
19.  So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
20.  For the wrath off man does not produce the righteousness of God

1 Corinthians 13:5  Does not behave rudely, does not seek his own, is not provoked, thinks no evil.

Matthew 5:21-22
21.  "You have heard that it was said to those of ole, 'you shall not murder, or whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22.  "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.  And whoever says, 'you fool shall be in danger of hell fire.

Put On-Peace, Returning Good for Evil, Self-Control, Soft Answer and Love

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Romans 12:19-20
19.  Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20.  If your enemy is hungry, feed him,
If he his thirst, give his a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

Galatians 5:22-23
22.  But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23.  gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is now law.

Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 19:11  
The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.

1 Corinthians 13:3  And although I bestowed all my goods to feed the poor, and although I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

I combined these because they all relate to each other.  Outwardly, I might be able to hide all these put offs.  However, my heart has all these.  I keep them well-hidden but sometimes I am so filled with anger an hatred, I can't continue to hold it in and I explode.  While I do keep it bottled up most of the times, it is better to relieve my heart of these put-offs altogether.

When I feel one of these invade my heart, I must pray to God for forgiveness.

Heavenly Father, your peace surpasses all my understanding. When anger rises within me, please calm my mind and soothe my heart with your gentle words. Fill my whole life with your perfect peace. May my personality be shaped by your peace rather than my frustration. With your Holy Spirit in my life, I can overcome anger. May I reflect your character, being slow to anger and rich in steadfast love. Look upon me and cause your face to shine upon me. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts