Replacing Impatience with Patience

Put Off-Impatience

James 1:2-4

2.  My brethren, Count it all joy when you fall into various trials
3.  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience
4.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete. lacking nothing.

Put On--Patience 

Hebrews 10:36  For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise

I definitely am impatient.  I try to get things done quickly.  Right now I am finishing up a painting project on our porch.  Since the ceiling is a sloped one I have to get up on a ladder to paint it.  I am not the biggest fan of heights or ladders so I am doing a sloppy job of painting.  Even though I have plastic laid down, I am still getting paint splatters everywhere.  

If I had been a little more patient I could have planned this project better.  I originally started with the walls several years before and then did the trim.  I should have started with the ceiling before doing the walls or the trim..  Now I have to repaint the walls because of the splatter.  And I already see I have to redo the trim because of the splatter from repainting the walls.

I am also impatient in waiting for God's perfect timing.  I need to remind myself about this.  When things do not go my way I must not get angry with God.  He always knows what he has planned for me and when he will carry out those plans.


I’m human—which often makes me oblivious to what’s around me. I’m in so much of a hurry to get my own stuff done, I forget to stop and notice what’s going on with everyone else.  

Nudge me when I get distracted and caught up in myself. Remind me that I need my family and friends, and they need me. Thank you for knowing we weren’t meant to walk through life alone and for giving us the opportunity be Jesus to each other. Thank you for helping me shine for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts