Replacing Disrespect for Authority and Disobedience with Honoring authority, Submission and Obedience

Put Off-Disrespect for Authority and Disobedience

Acts 23:5  Then Paul said, "I don't know, brethren, that he was the high priest, for it is written, 'you shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.'"

1 Samuel 12:15  However, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord, but rebel against the commandment of the Lord, then the hand of the Lord will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

Put on 6--Honoring authority, submission and obedience

Hebrews 13:17  Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account.  Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

Deuteronomy 11:27  The blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I commanded you today.

Some people feel that if they follow God's laws, they do not have to follow man-made laws.  That is false because God appointed leaders for his people.  The people were commanded to obey the leaders.  Moses is one excellent example.  He led God's people out of Egypt, through the wilderness and to the Promised Land.  There were many times when the people rebelled against Moses.  When they did that they also rebelled against God.  They faced the Lord's discipline because of this.

Each village, town and city has its own set of laws.  They are there to protect the residents.  I am good at obeying my city's laws.  There is still room for improvement.  I do tend to drive a little faster than the speed limit.  However, when I look at submission, I have to look at my marriage.  I definitely need to improve in this area.  I need to be a better team player with my husband.

Lord God, be my guide.  Help me be obedient to your Word.  When I am being disobedient convict my heart so I can confess my sins.  Forgive me for my disobedience.  Give me wisdom so I can learn how to trust and obey.

Comments

Popular Posts