Replacing Murmuring and Complaining with Praise

Put Off-Murmuring and Complaining

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without Complaining and disputing

Put on-Praise

Hebrews 13:5  Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

I try very hard not to complain to and about others.  I find it easy to bring my complaints and frustrations to God.  He is an excellent listener and will not judge me.

However, in my heart I complain a lot.  And sometimes when I sit down to do my Bible Study, I feel that it is more a chore than something I enjoy doing.  When I started doing these put offs and put ones, I was complaining to myself because I am not even halfway through the Seeking Him study and I am going to run out of pages in my journal.  Then I told myself that I could just buy another journal and continue with that.

I need to make it a habit to praise God everyday.

Father, I thank You today for everything. Thank you for revealing Yourself to me through Your Word, by Your Spirit, and in Your creation, that I might stand in awe of You. You alone are worthy of praise and glory and honor, for You have created all things, that in all things You might be preeminent. For every request that I offer, every supplication that I raise, and every intercession I make, let me never neglect to render the praise You are due. In the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts