Replacing Judging Others with Examing My Own Heart

Put Off-Judging Others

Matthew 7:1-2

1.  Judge not, that you be not judged
2.  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Put On-Examining my Own Heart

1 Corinthians 11:28  But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
2 Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith-Test yourselves.  Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?  Unless indeed you are disqualified.

I do find myself looking at people who have done something less than desirable and I judge them with my heart.  I do have to stop and ask myself, "Who am I to judge?"  Because when I look into my heart, I know that I am far from perfect.  I am a sinner, so I should not be casting the first stone.

This prayer is from www.theverseoftheday:

Lord Jesus,

I have come to you for help.  I am struggling with judging others.  Lord, I wand to ask you to redeem this.  Jesus, teach me how to pray for others when I realize they are struggling instead of judging them.

Help me to have a heart that shows compassion and mercy to people who are hurting.

I acknowledge that you are the righteous judge over all creation.  I surrender to you.  I pray you would bless those whom I have judged and that your grace would be real to them.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts