Replacing Selfishness with Self-Denial

Put off #3 Selfishness

Philippians 2:21  For all who seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus

Put on #3 Self-Denial

John 12:24  Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies; it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces more grain.

I need to be less selfish and more selfless.  I tend to always look out for me before I look out for others.

One example is money.  There were times when I struggled week by week, keeping my head above water.  Now that I am more financially secure, I am still unwilling  to part with my money unless if it is taking care of my own needs and wants.

Another example is I like to stick to a daily routine.  I do not like straying from this routine even if a family member needs something.

Heavenly Father, I struggle with focusing too much on me.  Humble my spirit and allow me to focus more on others and less on myself.  I know there are people around me who need help.  Show me and remind me to place them before me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts