Week Six Day Three The Heart of the Matter

Question 10.  Read Mark 7:1-8.  What did the disciples do (or not do) that disturbed the Pharisees?  Why did this bother them?

The disciples did not wash their hands before eating.  It bothered them because it was a tradition the Pharisees observed.

Question 11.  What did Jesus call the Pharisees?  Why did He use such a strong term?

He called the hypocrites.  Some of the rules they made up themselves.  They also put on an outward appearance but what was in their hearts were different because true holiness is foremost a matter of the heart.

Question 12.  Take some  moments to let God search your heart.  Reflect on these questions and record anything God puts on your heart.  Does Jesus' description of the Pharisees apply to your life in anyway?  In what way?

Honestly I have to say it does.  I know I am not perfect.  I try not to openly judge others on their actions.  However, I still have a tendency to judge them in my heart.

As God searches your heart, what does He see-true holiness or hypocrisy?  Are you really as Spiritual as others think you are?

It can be seen as both ways.  I am more Spiritual on some days and less on other days.  My goal is to be Spiritual 24/7.  I know deep down there is hypocrisy still in my heart.

Some people consider me to b a good person.  However, I honestly don't think I am.

Lord God,

Show me when I have hypocrisy in my heart.  I may not be aware when I do.  Therefore, make me aware so I can remove the hypocrisy and prepare for the Great Wedding.

Comments

Popular Posts