Replacing Pride, Boasting and Conceit with Humility

Put off-Pride, Boasting and Conceit

Proverbs 16:5  Everyone proud in her heart is an abomination to the Lord; 
Though they join forces, none will go unpunished

1 Corinthians 4:7  For who makes you differ from another?  And what do you have that you did not receive?  Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

Philippians 2:3  Let nothing be done through ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Put On-Humility

James 4:6  But he gives more grace-Therefore he says:  "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

I need to clear pride from my heart and to glorify God 100%.  Week Two of  the Seeking Him study covered pride and humility.  I have to allow God to search my heart daily to see if I have any pride in it

Boasting and conceit go hand-in-hand with pride.  "I did it!" is an excellent example of both.  To change these attitudes to esteeming others I have to say "God helped me do it!".

This is from https//www.inspirational-prayers.com/prayer-against-pride.htm

O Lord,

When I reflect on my many attempts to selfishly control
circumstances in my life, I realize that I am full of pride.
Meditating on my pride is painful.

It is a challenge to move selfishness out of
the way and look at what you are saying to me.

Give me courage as I look at me,  I need your strength.

As I look, I see pride has infiltrated my life.
Lord, my agenda sits on the throne of my heart.
My selfishness has, at times, driven me to ungodly decisions and actions.
As my eyes are being opened, I
realize that I will never fully see the
extent of damage that has occurred
through the influence of pride in my life.
I need your strength, and I need your mercy.
Forgive me, Lord


Comments

Popular Posts