Replacing Cheating and Stealing with Honesty and Working Hard

Put Off-Cheating and Stealing

2 Corinthians 4:42  But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the Word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth be commanding ourselves to every mans's conscience in the sight of God.

Proverbs 29:24  

Whoever is a partner with a thief hates his own life;
He swears to tell the truth, but reveals nothing.

Put On-Honesty and Working Hard

2 Corinthians 8:21  Providing honorable things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.

Ephesians 4:28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor working with his hands what is good, that e may have something to give him who has need.

Proverbs 11:1  

Dishonest scales are an abomination to the Lord, 
But a just weight is His delight.

Thou Shall Not Steal is one of the Ten Commandments.  As a teenager I might have swiped a grape from the produce section or a piece of gum from an open bag of candy, but I never got into the shoplifting scheme because I was afraid that I would be caught.  I also have to give credit to my parents for teaching me right from wrong.  However, I have been guilty of stealing and I didn't realize it.  

I mostly steal time.  On my days when I have no desire to do anything, I am lazy and stealing time.

There are times when I go through the refrigerator and I throw out wasted food that could have been used for left-overs.  Even though I spent my money for that food, I still consider it stealing-I stole from myself.

Cheating is also stealing.  I was guilty of that in High School.  I wasn't confident is some of my classes, especially Geometry.  I would write down some of the formulas on a small piece of paper and use them as reference.  I did it just so I would pass the class.  However, it was still cheating.  Cheating never got me anywhere because in college if I was caught cheating, I would have been expelled.  So I had to change my study habits and work harder in my classes.

It did pay off because I have a strong work effort today.  Any time I am not motivated to go to my job, should should think of this prayer:


Father, help us to view work as a blessing from You that gives us opportunity to participate in gathering adequate provisions for our family as well as making a positive difference in our work setting. We seek to overcome challenges in the workplace and are able to do so because we do our work heartily, as for You, Lord primarily. We seek to be just and diligent in our work not just when we’re being observed by our supervisors or fellow-employees, but we remain aware that You are always watching over us. We don’t resent or dwell on the negatives of our work or workplace, but recognize how we serve You well when we work with a cheerful heart. And we can do so knowing that our reward is not just the weekly paycheck but most importantly the glorious eternal inheritance we receive in heaven. Keep us faithful we pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts