Replacing Evil Thoughts with Pure Thoughts

Put Off-Evil Thoughts
Matthew 15:19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Put On-Pure Thoughts

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

While it is difficult to control my tongue it is 100 times harder to control my thoughts.  When I find myself concentrating on ungodly thoughts, I need to sit down where there is quiet and meditate on the above two verses.

One of my projects that I have not started yet is to have a prayer box.  I purchased an idex card box holder several years ago for that purpose.  I am going to write down Bible verses for each issue I am facing.  This is a project that I didn't start because I didn't have the time.  (This is an excuse.)  I need to stop making excuses and even if I write down a Bible verse or two a week, that box will be filled in no time at all.

This prayer is from https://www.cfaith.com/index.php/blog/24-articles/prayer/18254-prayer-for-controlling-your-thoughts

Father, You know all of my thoughts and the attitudes of my heart. May my spoken words and unspoken thoughts be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

You gave me Your Word as a weapon to fight impure and unholy thoughts. Your Word is alive and more powerful than any weapon known to man; it is able to pull down all evil strongholds.

I will concentrate on truth, goodness, and righteousness. I will think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the good attributes in others. I will think about all that I can praise You for and be glad about.

I thank You for giving me the helmet of salvation to guard my mind. As I commit to stay in Your Word daily, I will begin to think more and more like You, Father. I will diligently guard my mind and heart by not allowing unhealthy thoughts to control me.

Thank You for giving me the mind of Christ. Help me to make all my thoughts obedient to Jesus, the Word.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts