Replacing Fear, Worry and Unbelief with Trust, Faith and Belief

Put Off-Fear, Worry and Unbelief

Matthew 6:25-32

25.  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life.  What you will eat and what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  In snot life more than food on the body more than clothing?
26.  Look at the birds of the air for they neither son nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?
27.  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28.  'So why do you worry about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:  they neither toil nor spin.
29.  and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30.  Now if God so clothes the grasses of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31.  "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or "What shall we drink?' or "What shall we wear?'
32.  For after all these things the Gentiles seek.  For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Hebrews 3:12  Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.

Put On-Trust, Faith and Belief

1 Peter 5:10  Casting all your core upon Him, for he cares for you.

Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hopes for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

I have already mentioned how worrying is a sin.  You are basically telling God that you do not trust or believe Him.  I confess that I do worry about one thing or another on a regular basis.  And that's showing that I am not putting my trust in God.

There is a major difference in believing in God and believing Him.  Believing God means believing what He says and that He will never leave you.  He is the absolute truth.  What He says stands fast.  Throughout Biblical time God spoke to people, such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaiah and many more.  They all believed him.  While Christians believe God, many (including me) suffer from a wavering heart.  Any time I feel a lack of faith, I must confess to God and have him help my unbelief.  I am confessing my weaknesses but am also expressing my faith that God will help me.

Believing in God means just that, believing that He is real.  I have always believed in God as far back as I can remember.  However, I didn't first start believing Him until I first got saved.  There have been times when I lost some of my faith.  I think this should be a good reason to continuously study the Bible.  The more I study it, I find that my faith is stronger.

Forgive me in the Name of Jesus, for ever causing any grief to the Holy Ghost through unbelief.. I receive Your forgiveness. I ask that You help me overcome unbelief. Help me to believe Your Word above any other source in the world—above what my body tells me, above what the doctors tell me, above what friends or family tell me, above what the internet tells me. Help me to refuse to fear when fear is trying so hard to come upon me. Help me to know and fully accept and receive the love You have for me, because You are LOVE. Help me to honor Your commandment to believe on the Name of Jesus and to love others as He gave commandment.  I receive it; I’m committed. Thank You for Your help, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts