Replacing Slothfulness and Procrastination With Diligence

Put Off-Slothfulness, Procrastination

Proverbs 18:9  He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great destroyer.

Proverbs 10:5

He who gathers in the summer is a wise son;
He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.

Proverbs 6:6-11

6.  Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7.  Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8.  Provides her supplies in the summer,
How long will you slumber, O sluggard
When will you rise from your sleep?
10.  A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep-
So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man.

Put On-Diligence

Proverbs 18:6-8

6.  A fools lips enter into contention,
And his mouth calls for blows.
7.  A fools mouth is his destruction,
And his lips are the snare of his soul.
8.  The words of a tale bearer are like tasty trifles,
And they go down into the inmost body.



Proverbs 27:1

Do not boast about tomorrow,
For you do not know what a day may bring forth.

Dating back to the Biblical days, farming is a very hard job.  You have to plan ahead of when you start your harvest.  You have to know when to start planting because if you do it too early, a late frost will kill the crops and if you plant it too late, an early snow can destroy them as well.  This occupation requires you to work long hours with no time for laziness or putting it off.

There are many times, even though it does not involve farming, when I have put something off.  Sometimes it is house cleaning where I might decide to clean later in the day.  By the time I go to bed, I still have a sink full of dishes and laundry to do.

Other times I might not give a thought about what to make for dinner.  Then by the time dinner comes around I still have not gone to the store and am rummaging in the refrigerator for something to throw together.  A little planning goes a long way.

I need to have the motivation to plan better and set up a daily routine.

Dear God,

 I am sorry that sometimes I can be lazy. I tend to procrastinate on things that need to be done. Please remove any laziness far from me so that I can be productive. I want to be known for my work ethic and ability to finish what I start. 

You have big plans for me God and I want to make sure that I am doing what I am capable of doing. 

In Jesus’ name, amen!

Comments

Popular Posts