Replacing Lack of Love for Christ and Lack of Rejoicing Always with Fervent Devotion and Rejoicing Always

Put Off-Lack of Love for Christ, Lack of Rejoicing always

Revelation 2:4  Nevertheless, I have this against you, that you have left your first love.

Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say rejoice!

Put On-Fervent Devotion, Always Rejoicing

Revelation 2:5  Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place-unless you repent.

1 Thessalonians 5:16  Rejoice always.

How do I rejoice God and Jesus twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.  Do  I play worship music all day on the radip or sing songs as I go about doing all my tasks?  I personally do not listen to the radio much except for my commute and a lot of that time I spend that time talking to God.  However, there are other ways I can rejoice:

I can give God and Jesus a thank you each day when I wake up, thanking God for His gift of salvation and Jesus for His sacrifice.

I can also show my love for Christ and rejoice by knowing that God's timing is perfect.  God has a plan for me and that is why I was born.  Each day God has a plan for me.  I just need to open up my heart to Him so he can reveal it to me.

I need to rejoice even when I am worried of fearful about something.  God has always seen me through my trials.

I can make an active prayer life.  Thee is no excuse for not doing so.  I can open up the Book of Psalms and read one of those as a prayer.  The Internet provides an endless list of prayers.  all I have to do is go on Google and search for a prayer for whatever situation I am facing.

I need to love others as God and Jesus love me.  When I love others, I am loving Christ.

I need to serve others instead of only serving myself.

Heavenly Father, we rejoice in Your great wisdom and strength and thank You for being an ever present help in time of need. We ask that as You send us out from this place, we have a joyful expectation of what You are going to accomplish in each of our lives, and ask that You would remain close to each one in the days that lie ahead.
 
May the Lord bless us and keep us as we draw closer to Jesus. We pray that He would fill our hearts with love and joy, and keep us rejoicing in the Lord and in the power of His might, so that we may be strengthened in the inner man, equipped to do Your service. In Jesus' name we pray,
 
Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts