Replacing Lack of Hospitality with Hospitality

Put Off-Lack of Hospitality

1 Peter 4:9  Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.

Put On- Hospitality 

Romans 12:13  Distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

When I think of hospitality I think of large gatherings with family and friends.  However, what is Christian hospitality?  It can be telling a person who is struggling that you are there to listen or to give a hand.

It is an effective way to be a witness.  If you are able to open up yourselves to others, you are giving that person their hearts.

Am I hospitable?   Maybe not as I should be.  My husband once in a while have a cookout in the backyard for family and friends.  And even though the group is small-less than ten people-it can be expensive.  I can be hospitable in other ways, such as:

Volunteering at the American Legion
Giving a small gift for a new baby in the neighborhood
Giving an ear for someone going through a difficult time.

Dear God,

Give me Spiritual Eyes and Ears to see and hear the needs of people.

Give me a heart full of love for both my neighbors and strangers.

Teach me to care in a way that strengthens those who are sick.

Let me be a healing balm to those who are weak and lonely and weary by offering my kindness to them.

May I remember to listen, to smile, to offer a helping hand each time the opportunity presents itself.

Help me to be welcoming and inclusive to all who come to my door.

Let me be God’s hospitality in the world.

Amen

Comments

Popular Posts