Replacing Preferential Treatment with Loving Neighbor as Self

Put Off-Preferential Treatment

James 2:1-4

1.  My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality.
2.  For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes,
3.  and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand here," or "sit here at my footstool,"
4.  have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

Put On-Loving Neighbor as Self

Luke 6:27  "But I say to you who hear:  Love your enemies, do good to those who hurt you."

Always treat your fellow Christians equally.  Do not treat one differently because he does not have the same as another.  Do not look at a person's skin color, economical status, nationality, handicap, disability and judge or treat them differently.  Show them the same hospitality as you would offer someone else.

This also applies towards nonbelievers.  When you offer the same type of hospitality that you offer to believers, it may give them the chance to witness God's love.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that you can help me to treat everyone as I want to be treated.
 Lord let me love you and let me be more like you in 
all my ways especially in loving my neighbors as yourself.  I must
 learn to forgive.  Your forgiveness runs deeper than the Congo River
 and I was made in the image of you so I should act like
 you. Lord God please let me be grateful that you laid down your life
for me and please let me learn that you are good and that you will
lead me in the right direction because you are God the almighty.
In Jesus's name
AMEN

Comments

Popular Posts