replacing Wrong Motives with Spiritual Motives

Put Off-Wrong Motives

1 Samuel 16:7  But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at an appearance off his physical stature, because I have refused him.  For the Lord does not see as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Put On-Spiritual Motives

1 Corinthians 10:31  Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory o the Lord.

The above verses pretty much sums it up.  Everything I do must be for the glory of God.  Before I start each activity, I must ask myself if this is something that Jesus would do.  While I am quickly dilling my journal with my notes from the Seeking Him Study, I need to do more.  I am making entries on Blogger and am sharing them with other people.  But I know I can do more.  I am also planning on getting all my entries into an ebook format and offering it as a free read on sites such as Kindle and Nook Publishing.  I want to reach out to as many people that I can, whether it is to strengthen their relationship with God or to bring them to Him.

This is a prayer that I need to include in my daily prayer life.  It is a prayer to be Christ-like and can be found at https://christianstt.com/prayer-become-like-jesus/

Almighty Father, Creator of the universe, I approach Your Heavenly Gates with a grateful heart. I bless Your Holy Name and submit the honor and praise that is due unto You.

Beautiful Lord, I was created in your image, fearfully and wonderfully made to be the light in this dark world.

Father please guide me in a plain path of righteousness according to Your will and glory. You are the Omnipotent Potter and I am the clay.

Shape me, mold me, use me and fill me each and everyday to become more like Christ.

Father, Jesus was the perfect example of how I should live my life. Allow me the strength and wisdom to follow in his footsteps.

Love truly came down when He was sent to die on the cross and save an undeserving sinner like me.

Grant me the power to be pure, peaceful, loving, considerate, submissive, merciful, impartial and sincere toward my fellow men.

My Sovereign Lord, I boldly choose to live for You and You alone. Infiltrate into my heart, into my soul and into my life so I can be transformed into Your image.

Father, please take complete control. Increase as I decrease, as Jesus becomes the center of my heart and my life.

Draw near Oh Lord, as I step out today into this unholy land. Let each and every step I take be a step closer to You as I begin the journey of thinking and acting as my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts